Pediatric Anesthesiologist MD – Garnet Health – Full Time-Call taking
- Requisition ID6923
Pediatric Anesthesiologist position at Garnet Health Medical Center in Middletown, NY, a fast-growing, family-friendly setting
Garnet Health Medical Center is the only hospital in Orange County, NY, to earn Magnet redesignation, winning the award for nursing excellence for the second time in 2021. This nonprofit medical center based in rapidly growing Middletown has more than 2,400 healthcare professionals, including more than 600 doctors who have privileges here. It serves a broad base of patients from the area. Previously known as Orange Regional Medical Center, Garnet Health Medical Center opened as a state-of-the-art facility in 2011. At that time, the 383-bed facility was the first new hospital constructed in New York State in two decades.
- Achieved the Healthgrades 2021 America’s 250 Best Hospitals™ Award for the third year in a row
- Most Wired® Hospital Level 9 Acute 2021
- National Research Corporation Path to Excellence Award
- Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a High-Performing Hospital for seven specialties
- Recognized by Healthgrades as a Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of five specialties
Endo, general, ortho, labor and delivery, radiology, URO, vascular, GYN, ENT, neuro, and plastics. 45% to 50% percentage of peds.
Call taking position. Overnight calls to be discussed as night float available.
Gilbert Nazareno, MD
Gilbert Nazareno, MD, is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology. He received his Doctor of Medicine from the Remedios T. Romualdez Medical Foundation/Makati Medical Center in the Philippines. Nazareno completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Metropolitan Hospital Center in New York, NY and fulfilled his Anesthesia Residency at Westchester County Medical Center/NY Medical College in Valhalla, NY. His professional affiliations include Membership in the American Society of Anesthesiologist and New York State Society of Anesthesiologist.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious ad/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMC and FLEX
- Completion of approved residency in anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a physician
Middletown offers a family-friendly suburban setting with an outstanding school system, diverse cultural activities, a fast-growing downtown, parks, and many shopping options. Middletown is located in Orange County near the intersection of Interstate 84 and Route 17 and offers convenient, accessible transit to New York City and the greater metro area via train, bus, or car.
- Area Attractions:
- Wallkill River
- Paramount Theatre
- Middletown Thrall Library
- Highland Lakes State Park
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Orange County Community College, Uta Mesivta Of Kiryas Joel
- Middletown Town Towers Middle School, Minisink Valley Intermediate School, Minisink Valley High School
- Salary: $475K annually
- Pedi Stipend: $25K annually
- Sign-on bonus: $50K
- Loan repayment or training assistance program: $30K
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.