Anesthesiologist – St Josephs Hospital South – Per Diem
- Requisition ID JR1743
- Category Anesthesiologist
Anesthesiologist opportunity in Riverview, FL at St. Joseph’s Hospital – South with 40,000+ cases per year
St. Joseph’s Hospital – South is an innovative, full-service hospital designed to offer a more relaxing, comfortable, and family-focused setting for both patients and visitors. Located south of Tampa in Riverview, FL, the facility has a Level II Trauma Center and the second-largest obstetrics delivery practice in Florida. The hospital handles over 40,000 cases annually. It provides a 24-bed maternity unit; intensive care; imaging, lab, and surgical services; outpatient services; and more.
The practice provides anesthesia services at St. Joseph’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, and St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital.
- Named among the nation’s top 100 hospitals by Fortune/IBM Watson Health®
- Received Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ and Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ from Healthgrades
- Awarded an “A” for its achievements by Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade in fall 2020
General, peds, OB, ortho, neuro, vascular, and endo
Shared call is required.
Alexander Paloma, MD
Our 32-physician practice works collaboratively with anesthetists in a care team model.
Our care team model means that we focus on giving everyone a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious and/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMC and FLEX
- Completion of approved residency in anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a physician
This suburb of Tampa is located in Hillsborough County, FL and is known as one of the best places to dwell in the state. Many residents of this community are homeowners, families, and young professionals. Spectacular beaches are close by, with all that entails – surfing, fishing, boating, and even beachcombing. Outside of Riverview, the city of nearby Tampa offers many attractions and Orlando is approximately 80 miles away.
- Area Attractions:
- Alafia Scrub Nature Preserve, a great spot for hiking
- Biking and hiking at Triple Creek Nature Preserve and Balm-Boyette Nature Preserve
- Fishing at Tampa Bay
- International Independent Showmen’s Museum
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Everglades University, University of Tampa, Nova Southern University, Hillsborough Community College
- Terrace Community Middle School, Newsome High School, Brooks DeBartolo Collegiate High School, Bloomingdale High School
- Cost of Living:
- No general state sales tax
- Salary: $225/hour
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.