MD – UPMC Western Maryland – Per Diem
- Requisition ID5085
- Category Anesthesiologist
About This Location
UPMC Western Maryland is a voluntary nonprofit, short term acute care hospital with 240 Medicare certified beds and is a member of the Western Maryland Health System.
UPMC Western Maryland provides healthcare services for residents in Allegany and Garrett Counties in Maryland and surrounding counties in West Virginia and Pennsylvania. State of the art medical equipment and an experienced staff ensure community members have access to serious medicine close to home.
Cases include, but are not limited to, Ortho, General, Neuro, and GYN.
UPMC Western Maryland has a strong team of MD’s and CRNA’s that work together seamlessly. The facility offers a variety of cases for MD’s and CRNA’s to keep their skills up, with flexible scheduling and the option to pick up extra shifts.
- Various Shifts
- Located in historic downtown area
- Drivable distance to 3 major cities: Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington DC
- Near a variety of local state parks including Rocky Gap State Park and Green Ridge State Forest
- Various outdoor recreational activities including hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, skiing, and golfing
- Local casinos
- Amtrak service nearby
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of Activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious ad/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMG and FLEX
- Completion of approved Residency in Anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a Physician
- Profit sharing and 401K plan participation
- Work-life balance
- Nationwide relocation opportunities
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Professional development programs and leadership training
- Access to technological innovations and strategies to optimize patient outcomes
- Insurance protection including malpractice, health, life and disability
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.