MD – The Brooklyn Hospital Center – Full Time
- Requisition ID5450
Anesthesiologist role practicing cutting-edge techniques at The Brooklyn Hospital Center, an innovative community-centered facility
Founded in 1845, The Brooklyn Hospital Center (TBHC) is an independent community hospital – and the oldest hospital in Brooklyn. TBHC uses innovative surgical and treatments, along with advanced technology, to provide exceptional health services in its 464-bed hospital.
TBHC also provides healthcare through a network of medical practices, family health centers, and other ambulatory care sites. These are situated both on the center’s main campus and within Brooklyn’s neighborhoods. TBHC has a clinical affiliation with The Mount Sinai Hospital and an academic affiliation with The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Received several distinguished awards from HealthGrades. These awards included:
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care Award
- Coronary Interventional Excellence Award
- Labor and Delivery Excellence Award
- Stroke Care Excellence Award
General, endo, labor and delivery, ORTHO, GYN, URO, ENT, vascular, neuro, and thoracic.
Contact us for more information.
Caroline Columbres, MD
With our care team model, we focus on ensuring that everyone has a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious and/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMC and FLEX
- Completion of approved Residency in Anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a Physician
A highly populated borough of New York City, Brooklyn (also known as Kings County) has a long, rich history. Highlights include the historic Brooklyn Bridge and Brooklyn Botanic Garden. The New York City subway system provides an opportunity to leave the car behind and take public transportation.
- Area Attractions:
- NBA’s Brooklyn Nets
- Coney Island
- Prospect Park
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Pratt Institute, Brooklyn College, Colombia University, St. John’s University
- Success Academy Charter School, Achievement First Apollo Charter School, Leon M. Goldstein High School For The Sciences, Brooklyn Technical High School
- Salary: $200/hr
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day.
At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.