MD – Northwest Hospital Center – Full Time
- Requisition ID5032
About This Location
Northwest Hospital, a nonprofit hospital with 231 beds, has served the northwest Baltimore community for more than 50 years and is a member of LifeBridge Health.
Cases include, but are not limited to, Ortho, General, Plastics and Endo.
MD’s supervise CRNA’s at this site.
At Northwest Hospital there is a great collaboration between MDs and CRNAs while providing a level of autonomy with the cases.
- 8’s, 10’s and 12’s (when available)
- No in house call
- Beeper call- 1:6 night float beeper call and 1:4 weekend beeper call
- Post call day off
- 30 minutes from Downtown Baltimore
- Liberty Reservoir
- National Aquarium
- Maryland Zoo, Baltimore
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of Activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious ad/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMG and FLEX
- Completion of approved Residency in Anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a Physician
- Profit sharing and 401K plan participation
- Work-life balance
- Nationwide relocation opportunities
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Professional development programs and leadership training
- Access to technological innovations and strategies to optimize patient outcomes
- Insurance protection including malpractice, health, life and disability
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.