MD – Frederick Surgery Center – Per Diem
- Requisition ID 5011
About This Location
Anesthesiologist opportunity to practice with the largest ASC in Maryland, Frederick Surgery Center
Frederick Surgery Center is a same-day, multispecialty surgery center with a great deal of case variety. Based in Frederick, MD, it is the longest-serving facility of its type for the area and the largest ambulatory surgery center in Maryland. In surveys of both surgeons and patients, scores for satisfaction are consistently higher than the national benchmarks. The center emphasizes regional anesthesia, uses very few opiates, and is well-regarded for providing exemplary pain control.
General surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, urology, vascular, neurology, gastroenterology, ENT, head and neck, and pediatrics
Monday-Friday (8-hour shifts).
Joshua D. Constable, DO—Vice President of Clinical Services in the Mid-Atlantic Region
Joshua D. Constable, DO, serves as Vice President of Clinical Services in the Mid-Atlantic region for North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA). Dr. Constable is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology and the National Board of Echocardiography. He completed his Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine from the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Erie, PA. Dr. Constable completed his residency in anesthesiology at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center in Richmond, VA. He then pursued advanced fellowship training in cardiothoracic anesthesia and perioperative echocardiography at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, OH.
Dr. Constable also serves as a staff instructor within the UPMC Hamot/Gannon University School of Nurse Anesthesia (Erie, PA). His professional affiliations include membership in the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Pennsylvania Society of Anesthesiologists, and Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists.
Our care team model means that we focus on giving everyone a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping them to deliver care excellence.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of Activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious ad/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMG and FLEX
- Completion of approved Residency in Anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a Physician
The vibrant, historical city of Frederick has interesting neighbors. It’s only an hour away from three major destinations: Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, and Gettysburg, PA.
Frederick and its environs offer a plethora of life-enhancing options, from cultural happenings to recreational activities. These include museums, martini bars, unique specialty shops, galleries, theaters, scenic landscapes and mountain views, wineries, orchards, outdoor adventure, and even contemporary culinary adventures set in buildings from the Civil War era.
- Area Attractions:
- Museums, theaters, galleries, shops
- Restaurants with contemporary cuisine
- Scenic landscapes offering adventures for thrill seekers
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Mount St. Mary’s University, Hood College
- Frederick County’s 68 schools: 10 high schools, 38 elementary schools, 13 middle schools, three public charter schools, Flexible Evening High, a career and technology center, a special education school, and an alternative school
- Salary: $225/hr
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.