MD – Ellicott City ASC – Per Diem
- Requisition ID6805
- Category Anesthesiologist
Anesthesiologist role with state-of-the-art Ellicott City Ambulatory Surgery Center in Maryland, just 30 minutes from the Baltimore area
Ellicott City Ambulatory Surgery Center offers same-day, multi-specialty surgical care, with services including both diagnostic and preventive procedures. The free-standing, ADA-compliant surgery center is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. Here, this practice works as a team striving to provide the highest care level while ensuring that every patient’s experience is a pleasant one.
Ortho, general surgery, and more. The top three cases include: Knee arthroscopy, shoulder arthroscopy, and carpal tunnel release.
Tuesday-Friday (7am-3pm). Opportunity to credential at other local ASC’s providing a more diverse case mix. No call or weekends.
Joshua D. Constable, DO—Vice President of Clinical Services in the Mid-Atlantic Region
Joshua D. Constable, DO, serves as Vice President of Clinical Services in the Mid-Atlantic region for North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA). Dr. Constable is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology and the National Board of Echocardiography. He completed his Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine from the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Erie, PA. Dr. Constable completed his residency in anesthesiology at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center in Richmond, VA. He then pursued advanced fellowship training in cardiothoracic anesthesia and perioperative echocardiography at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, OH.
Dr. Constable also serves as a staff instructor within the UPMC Hamot/Gannon University School of Nurse Anesthesia (Erie, PA). His professional affiliations include membership in the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Pennsylvania Society of Anesthesiologists, and Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists.
We use the care team model, which means that we focus on ensuring everyone has a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious and/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMC and FLEX
- Completion of approved Residency in Anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a Physician
Ellicott City, MD:
Ellicott City is just a 30-minute drive from the city of Baltimore, MD, a metropolitan hub with myriad cultural offerings. These include prestigious schools, streets with historic architecture, and an eclectic, contemporary lifestyle with plenty of fine dining options, art galleries, shops, and boutiques.
- Area Attractions:
- Baltimore Ravens’ Stadium
- Baltimore Aquarium
- B&O Ellicott City Station Museum
- Centennial Park
- Patapsco Valley State Park
- Nearby Colleges and Schools:
- John Hopkins University, Howard Community College, University of Maryland
- Ilchester Elementary School, Waverly Elementary School, Burleigh Manor Middle School, Centennial High School
- Salary: $225/hr
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.