CRNA – Waterbury Hospital – Per Diem
- Requisition ID JR1961
- Category CRNA
CRNA role at Waterbury Hospital, located in an eclectic Connecticut city environment, with a thriving surgical service.
Founded in 1890, Waterbury Hospital is the oldest organization of its type in Connecticut. The hospital serves as a Level 2 Trauma Center with 357 licensed beds, 2,000 employees, and 626 doctors. On an annual basis, the facility receives 11,700 admissions, 174,800 outpatient visits, 53,600 Emergency Department visits, and 23,000 Behavioral Health outpatient visits. Each year, 1,110 babies are born here.
The facility is affiliated with the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, and the Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine of Quinnipiac University.
- Stroke Gold Plus Award by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for quality of care
- Recognized by the AHA|ASA in the 2020 “Best Hospitals” Edition of U.S. News & World Report
- Named the only hospital in Southern Connecticut to achieve a 5-stars for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2021
Orthopedic, Robotic, Neurosurgical, General, Urologic, GYN, Major Vascular (with TCAR), Breast, Trauma
Non-cardiac cases are performed using the anesthesia care team model with a complement of excellent CRNAs, usually covering up to 3:1. Cardiac cases are performed with a cardiac registered nurse dedicated to supporting the program’s success.
Contact us for more information.
Katie Mitchell, CRNA
With our care team model, we focus on ensuring that everyone has a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- Current license as a registered professional nurse
- Graduation from an accredited program of nurse anesthesia education
- Certified or recertified by the AANA Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists
Waterbury offers an eye-catching panoramic view reminiscent of an old European city; its retro architecture reflects the city’s manufacturing heritage as the Brass City. An eclectic community with numerous parks and a well-known theater, Waterbury is located near the Naugatuck River and is just about a half-hour from Hartford, CT. Only 75 miles from New York City, Waterbury has a convenient Metro-North railroad station with a connection to Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan.
- Area Attractions:
- Mattatuck Museum arts and history center
- Hop Brook Lake
- Brass Works Brewing Company and Fascia’s Chocolates
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Naugatuck Valley Community College, regional campuses of the University of Connecticut, Western Connecticut State University, and University of Bridgeport
- Waterbury Arts Magnet School, Rotella Interdistrict Magnet School, W.F. Kaynor Technical High School
- Salary: $140/hr
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.