CRNA – WakeMed Cary Hospital – Full Time
- Requisition IDJR1381
- Category Anesthesiologist
CRNA opening at North Carolina’s innovative and award-winning WakeMed Cary Hospital, with the added attraction of a top-rated city lifestyle
Noted for innovative technology and advanced medical care, WakeMed Cary Hospital is a regional nexus for comprehensive care and specialized medical services in Wake County, NC. With 208 licensed acute care beds, it is the sole full-service hospital in Cary, NC. The hospital’s 1,300 employees include over 900 physicians and advanced practice providers. Their work is supported by more than 600 volunteers.
Accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals, WakeMed Cary Hospital has won many awards for exceptional, compassionate care and service. Plus, the hospital is located in one of the top-rated places to live in the United States
- Leapfrog Group Top Hospital 2021 Award for WakeMed Cary Hospital
- Joint Commission™ Gold Seal of Approval for Stroke Care
- Earned Get With the Guidelines — Stroke GOLD PLUS with Honor Roll and Target: Type II Diabetes Honor Roll recognition from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
General surgery, thoracic, bariatric, healthy Pediatric ENT, plastics, GYN, laparoscopic hysterectomy, hysteroscopies, orthopedics, lithotripsy truck, CV, EP, MRI and CT
Variety of schedules. Must reside 30 minutes from Cary, NC (facility) or take in-house call.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- Current license as a registered professional nurse
- Graduation from an accredited program of nurse anesthesia education
- Certified or recertified by the AANA Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists
Kevin M. Smith, CRNA, MSN, APRN – Advanced Practice Anesthesia Director for Mid-South Region
Prior to joining NAPA, Kevin M. Smith worked for American Anesthesiology as the Vice President of Advanced Practice Anesthesia, where he was responsible for leadership development, market strategy, and operations management. He received his BSN from the University of Memphis and his MSN from Arkansas State University. Smith is currently working on an MBA from Auburn University. His professional affiliations include the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists and the Tennessee Association of Nurse Anesthetists. When not at work, he enjoys hiking, playing music, and cooking.
Advanced Practice Anesthesia (APA) leaders are unique to NAPA. As an integral part of our regional infrastructure, APA leaders are Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists who foster stability and collaboration among local facilities and teams throughout our organization. As an APA leader, Smith supports the Mid-South Region. Like other APA leader colleagues, he is a voice for local clinicians, along with being a leader who hears, understands, and values those on our clinical team.
Our anesthesiologists and CRNAs work in an anesthesia care team approach.
Our care team model means that we focus on giving everyone a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping them to deliver care excellence.
Located at the core of North Carolina’s Triangle area, Cary is a flourishing community between Raleigh and the highly regarded Research Triangle Park. The Triangle area often is lauded as one of the best regions in the country to live, work, and raise a family. Money Magazine has named Cary the hottest town in the East, one of the best small cities in America, and one of the six hottest towns in America, and ranked it fifth in an annual list of best places to live.
- Area Attractions:
- Koka Booth Amphitheatre, a performing arts venue
- Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve, including the Stevens Nature Center
- Cary Arts Center
- Colleges and Schools:
- Duke University, Meredith College, North Carolina State University, University of North Carolina
- Scholars Academy for the Gifted and Artistically Elite, Cary Christian School, Chesterbrook Academy, Apex Friendship Middle, Panther Creek High School, Green Hope High School
- Salary: $145K-$195K
- Sign-on bonus: $10K
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.