CRNA – AMITA St. Mary’s – Per Diem
- Requisition ID JR1549
- Category CRNA
CRNA opening at AMITA St. Mary’s Kankakee Hospital in Illinois, with a diverse case mix and Certified Level II Emergency/Trauma Center
AMITA St. Mary’s Kankakee Hospital has delivered high-quality healthcare to Kankakee, IL, and its southern suburbs with a commitment to community and compassion since 1897. In a welcoming setting, the 182-bed acute care facility provides award-winning services for primary and specialty care. The peritoneal dialysis unit, one of just 91 in the United States, is recognized nationally. AMITA St. Mary’s Kankakee has a state-of-the-art Family Birthing Center dedicated to expectant and new parents, and a certified Level II Emergency/Trauma Center.
- The Joint Commission for Advanced Primary Stroke Centers Gold Seal of Approval™
- “Pursuit of Excellence Star” Award for Peritoneal Clinics
- Commission of Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award
Ortho, GI, Urology, OB, Ophthalmology and General Surgery
Contact us for more information.
John Potts, CRNA, MS – Vice President of Advanced Practice Anesthesia for NAPA’s Midwest Region (IN, IL, MI)
John Potts joined NAPA in 2016. Prior to working at NAPA, Potts worked for a large CRNA-owned group in Michigan, where he was responsible for the development and operations of the group’s small and rural hospital division. He has extensive experience in cardiac anesthesia, anesthesia for bariatric procedures, and ambulatory anesthesia. Potts received his BSN in 1995 from the University of Detroit Mercy (UDM). He returned to UDM in 1997 and, through an affiliation with Henry Ford Hospital, completed his CRNA training in 1999. He is a member of both the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists and Michigan Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
Advanced Practice Anesthesia (APA) leaders are unique to NAPA. As an integral part of our regional infrastructure, APA leaders are Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists who foster stability and collaboration among local facilities and teams throughout our organization. As an APA leader, Potts supports the Midwest Region. Like other APA leader colleagues, he is a voice for local clinicians, along with being a leader who hears, understands, and values those on our clinical team.
Working together in a collegial environment, the anesthesia team provides services for five or six operating rooms daily. These clinicians include three medical doctors and seven CRNAs working in our care team model.
This care team model means that we focus on ensuring that everyone has a voice while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- Current license as a registered professional nurse
- Graduation from an accredited program of nurse anesthesia education
- Certified or recertified by the AANA Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists
Kankakee County is an ideal location for family-friendly lifestyles and activities in both rural and urban settings. With more than 50 miles of winding river in the county, there’s plenty to enjoy in the great outdoors, including eco-tourism and agri-tourism. Adding in the local festivals and events, the arts, and history makes this a well-rounded place to thrive.
- Area of Attractions:
- The Merchant Street MusicFest
- Outdoor adventure and nature along the Kankakee River
- Over 25 parks
- Notable house designed by famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright
- Historic architecture with churches and museums dating to the mid-19th century
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Olivet Nazarene University, Kankakee Community College
- Edison Primary, Montessori Magnet, Kennedy Middle School, Kankakee High School
- Salary: $155/hr
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- 1099 option available
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.