CRNA – Mount Sinai Hospital – 73 24 hr. Shifts a year
- Requisition ID7018
- Category CRNA
Opportunity for CRNA at fast-paced Level 1 trauma center Mount Sinai Hospital in the large, lively city of Chicago, IL
Mount Sinai Hospital is a designated Level I trauma center on the west side of Chicago. The main campus of this major city hospital is situated next to Douglass Park. Serving a diverse population, the 319-bed facility functions at a swift pace, with a talented and supportive team of surgeons and staff members.
Mount Sinai Hospital offers a fast-paced environment with outstanding surgeons and support staff.
- Recognition for excellence in nursing from the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®
- Earned a position in the second edition of the World’s Best Specialized Hospitals 2021 by Newsweek
- Received the highest recognition with “Honor Roll” status in U.S. News & World Report’s 2020-21 “Best Hospitals” guidebook for the fifth consecutive year
Diverse case mix.
Schedules include 73 24-hour shifts a year, work six (6) 24-hr shifts per month for a total of 73 shifts per year.
John Potts, CRNA, MS – Vice President of Advanced Practice Anesthesia for NAPA’s Midwest Region (IN, IL, MI)
John Potts joined NAPA in 2016. Prior to working at NAPA, Potts worked for a large CRNA-owned group in Michigan, where he was responsible for the development and operations of the group’s small and rural hospital division. He has extensive experience in cardiac anesthesia, anesthesia for bariatric procedures, and ambulatory anesthesia. Potts received his BSN in 1995 from the University of Detroit Mercy (UDM). He returned to UDM in 1997 and, through an affiliation with Henry Ford Hospital, completed his CRNA training in 1999. He is a member of both the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists and Michigan Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
Advanced Practice Anesthesia (APA) leaders are unique to NAPA. As an integral part of our regional infrastructure, APA leaders are Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists who foster stability and collaboration among local facilities and teams throughout our organization. As an APA leader, John supports the Midwest Region. Like other APA leader colleagues, he is a voice for local clinicians, along with being a leader who hears, understands, and values those on our clinical team.
Here, CRNAs have the capacity to practice autonomously and have opportunities to perform regional blocks.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- Current license as a registered professional nurse
- Graduation from an accredited program of nurse anesthesia education
- Certified or recertified by the AANA Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists
The third-largest city in the United States, Chicago is situated along Lake Michigan’s southwestern shore. It’s known as the Windy City, with a cosmopolitan look and feel—and plenty to offer the people who live and work here. Chicago holds a global reputation both for its top-notch cuisine and abundant cultural opportunities. This is the place to enjoy an array of eateries along with the ever-present energy of performing arts, museums, and music festivals and concerts. Iconic architecture contributes to Chicago’s stunning skyline.
- Area Attractions:
- Five professional teams belonging to four top professional leagues
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Amazing Chicago’s Funhouse Maze
- The neo-Gothic Tribune Tower, John Hancock Center, and Willis Tower (originally known as the Sears Tower)
- Navy Pier
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Numerous universities and colleges located downtown
- Emil G. Hirsch Metropolitan High School, Chicago Vocational High School, Butler College Prep, Bowen High School
- Salary: $208K/year
- Sign-on bonus: $20K
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.