CRNA -HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital – 73, 24’s
- Requisition IDJR4196
CRNA opportunity with general acute care facility, HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital in charming Effingham, IL
HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital has been serving the Effingham community and the south central region of Illinois since 1875. This fully accredited, not-for-profit general acute care health facility has 133 licensed beds and is an affiliate of the Hospital Sisters Health System. St. Anthony’s services emphasize compassion and the human touch while featuring the most modern technologies available today.
- Awarded 2017 Workplace of the Year Award and 2017 Workplace Transformation Award
- Received a System for Change Award from Practice Greenhealth
Bread and butter cases. Heavy ortho, general, and urology
73, 24-hour shifts per year
John Potts, CRNA, MS – Vice President of Advanced Practice Anesthesia for NAPA’s Midwest Region (IN, IL, MI)
John Potts joined NAPA in 2016. Prior to working at NAPA, Potts worked for a large CRNA-owned group in Michigan, where he was responsible for the development and operations of the group’s small and rural hospital division. He has extensive experience in cardiac anesthesia, anesthesia for bariatric procedures, and ambulatory anesthesia. Potts received his BSN in 1995 from the University of Detroit Mercy (UDM). He returned to UDM in 1997 and, through an affiliation with Henry Ford Hospital, completed his CRNA training in 1999. He is a member of both the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists and Michigan Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
Advanced Practice Anesthesia (APA) leaders are unique to NAPA. As an integral part of our regional infrastructure, APA leaders are Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists who foster stability and collaboration among local facilities and teams throughout our organization. As an APA leader, Potts supports the Midwest Region. Like other APA leader colleagues, he is a voice for local clinicians, along with being a leader who hears, understands, and values those on our clinical team.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious and/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- Current license as a registered professional nurse
- Graduation from an accredited program of nurse anesthesia education
- Certified or recertified by the AANA Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists
Effingham is a charming small city that’s home to numerous corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities. Known as “The Crossroads of Opportunity,” Effingham is conveniently located at the intersection of two major interstate highways. As a regional hub for work, shopping, and recreation, Effingham has a little something for everyone and is only a short drive to St. Louis.
- Area Attractions:
- Tuscan Hills Winery
- Hendelmeyer Park
- Lake Sara
- Colleges and Schools:
- University of Illinois Extension-Effingham, Lake Land College, Eastern Illinois University
- Central Grade School, Effingham Junior High School, Effingham High School
- Salary: $215K-$240K
- Sign-on bonus: $20K
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Accounts
- Profit sharing
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.