CRNA – Baptist Memorial Hospital of Memphis – Full Time
- Requisition ID 26647
- Category CRNA
Join our growing team-centered practice in Memphis, TN, to deliver care excellence as a CRNA; enjoy a diverse case mix and flexible scheduling
Baptist Memorial Health Care’s 80-acre East Memphis, TN, campus features the flagship hospital, Baptist Memorial Hospital – Memphis, one of the highest-volume medical centers in Tennessee. The 80-acre site is also home to the Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women, Spence and Becky Wilson Baptist Children’s Hospital, Baptist Women’s Health Center, Baptist Memorial Restorative Care Hospital, Baptist Heart Institute, and five physician office buildings.
We provide anesthesia services to three acute care hospitals in the same vicinity—Baptist Memorial Hospital – Memphis, Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women, and Spence and Becky Wilson Baptist Children’s Hospital—as well as several ambulatory surgery centers.
- Earned American College of Cardiology chest pain center accreditation in 2019
- Won American Heart Association (AHA) Get With the Guidelines Stroke Awards
- Earned recognition for their heart care through the AHA’s Mission Lifeline program
- Rated high performing in 11 adult procedures and conditions by U.S. News
General, pediatric, ENT, ortho, plastic, OB/GYN, transplants and complex cardiac
Flexible scheduling, 8-, 10- or 12‐hour shifts. Monday‐Friday. No call, no weekend, no holidays.
Kevin M. Smith, CRNA, MSN, APRN – Advanced Practice Anesthesia Director for Mid-South Region
Prior to joining NAPA, Kevin M. Smith worked for American Anesthesiology as the Vice President of Advanced Practice Anesthesia, where he was responsible for leadership development, market strategy, and operations management. He received his BSN from the University of Memphis and his MSN from Arkansas State University. Smith is currently working on an MBA from Auburn University. His professional affiliations include the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists and the Tennessee Association of Nurse Anesthetists. When not at work, he enjoys hiking, playing music, and cooking.
Advanced Practice Anesthesia (APA) leaders are unique to NAPA. As an integral part of our regional infrastructure, APA leaders are Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists who foster stability and collaboration among local facilities and teams throughout our organization. As an APA leader, Smith supports the Mid-South Region. Like other APA leader colleagues, she is a voice for local clinicians and a leader who hears, understands, and values those on our clinical team.
Currently our care team model includes approximately 25+ anesthesiologists and 70+ CRNAs, who have created a cohesive group.
Our care team model means that we focus on giving everyone a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- Current license as a registered professional nurse
- Graduation from an accredited program of nurse anesthesia education
- Certified or recertified by the AANA Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists
Memphis is a large, metropolitan city with a small-town vibe, and is renowned as the home of the blues and the birthplace of rock ‘n’ roll. Celebrating music, history, and the arts is a way of life here.
Those who put down roots in Memphis can choose to work and reside in this eclectic city, with its close-up access to the lively music and arts scene. Or, opt for suburbs such as Germantown and Cordova, with their exceptional family-friendly options for public and private schools, shopping, and restaurants. Hiking, biking, and horseback riding on picturesque trails are among the popular pastimes.
- Area Attractions:
- Sun Studio, Graceland, and the Stax Museum of American Soul Music
- National Civil Rights Museum
- NBA Grizzlies and NCAA Division 1 Memphis Tigers
- Children’s Museum of Memphis, home of the recently restored historic Grand Carousel
- Memphis Zoo
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Christian Brothers University, Rhodes College, the University of Memphis
- Memphis School of Excellence Mendenhall, Douglass High School, Memphis Catholic Middle and High School, Memphis University School, St. Mary’s Episcopal School
- Salary: $170K-$195K
- Sign-on bonus: $30K
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional develop
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.