CRNA – Atrium Health Navicent The Medical Center – Full Time
- Requisition ID 15723
- Category CRNA
Support this large practice in Macon, GA, as a CRNA with flexible schedules and diverse case mix under a care team model
Our practice offers a full array of anesthesia services for Atrium Health Navicent The Medical Center. This Macon, GA-based facility is recognized for excellence on a national level and is among the premier teaching hospitals in the United States. As the second-largest hospital in Georgia, it has 637 licensed beds for medical surgical, cardiac surgery, trauma treatment, and pediatrics. The facility has a Level I Trauma Center; a children’s hospital built in 2019; 34 operating rooms and several ancillary suites; and a stand-alone outpatient facility.
- Magnet recognized by American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Named one of Healthcare’s Most Wired
General surgery, cardiac, pediatrics, OB and GYN services, ortho, trauma, plastics, ENT, urology, and neurosurgery
Flexible scheduling that includes 3-, 4- and 5-day work weeks. Very limited call schedule.
Dana Traylor, CRNA, MSN – Regional Director, Advanced Practice Anesthesia, for NAPA’s Southeast Region
Dana Traylor, CRNA, MSN, earned her BSN in Nursing from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and her MSN in Nursing Anesthesiology from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis. She joined the NAPA team after 15 years with American Anesthesiology, where she served as Chief CRNA in the Knoxville practice. While there, she promoted CRNA recruiting and clinical practice, and also served as a liaison with anesthesiologists and hospital partners.
Advanced Practice Anesthesia (APA) leaders are unique to NAPA. As an integral part of our regional infrastructure, APA leaders are Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists who foster stability and collaboration among local facilities and teams throughout our organization. As an APA leader, Traylor supports the Southeast Region. Like other APA leader colleagues, she is a voice for local clinicians and a leader who hears, understands, and values those on our clinical team.
The practice consists of 16 anesthesiologists and 58 anesthetists including CRNAs and Certified Anesthesiologist Assistants (CAAs) who all work together in a care team model.
Our care team model means that we focus on giving everyone a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- Current license as a registered professional nurse
- Graduation from an accredited program of nurse anesthesia education
- Certified or recertified by the AANA Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists
Located in the center of Georgia, the city of Macon helps fuel the central Georgia economy. Here, the new Southern lifestyle retains links to its cultural heritage and history, with traditional soul food restaurants, vintage Southern mansions, live music events at the birthplace of Southern rock, and friendly people. Leisure time in Macon offers many options, from daytime recreational activities to evening fun with fine dining and dancing.
- Area Attractions:
- Festivals include Macon’s International Cherry Blossom Festival, the Central Georgia Greek Festival, and the Ocmulgee Indian Celebration
- Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park
- Museums – Tubman Museum, Hay House, Museum of Arts & Science, and Cannonball House
- Farmers markets and crafts markets
- Ancient Native American Indian mounds
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Wesleyan College, Mercer University, Middle Georgia State University
- Carter Elementary School, Cirrus Charter Academy, Academy for Classical Education, Ballard Hudson Middle School
- Salary: $165K-$195K
- Sign-on bonus: $30K
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.