Chief MD – CalvertHealth Medical Center – Full Time
- Requisition ID JR2727
Anesthesiologist opening in state-of-the-art community hospital setting with CalvertHealth Medical Center in Prince Frederick, MD
Community-owned CalvertHealth Medical Center is a private, not-for-profit hospital that’s based in Prince Frederick, MD. It serves approximately 420 patients from Calvert County every day. Through clinical alliances with metropolitan medical centers, top regional experts come to CalvertHealth Medical Center so local residents can receive treatment near home. The Mobile Health Center goes on the road to underserved areas of Calvert County, where it offers preventive services and vital primary care. From a humble start in a two-story wooden building in 1919, the hospital has grown and improved its facilities, expanded services, and upgraded technology over the ensuing century.
American Heart Association’s Gold Plus Get With The Guidelines®–Stroke Quality Achievement Award
General surgery, OB, ortho, and more. No heads, hearts, or peds at this site.
Contact us for more information.
Maurice Montgomery, MD
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious ad/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
Chief Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Chair shall establish Department procedures, action plans and goals to address Centers of Excellence initiatives, post-operative pain management improvement, pre-operative screening and assessment process improvement, patient throughput process improvement, SCIP guideline adherence improvement, PQRS requirements and additional quality improvement efforts
- Attend Peer Review Committee meetings at the institution as necessary
- Participate in the quality management infrastructure and process of the institution.
- Administer a monthly anesthesia case review process and present the findings to the Department of Anesthesia on a monthly basis
- Meet with the Nursing Chairman of the OR and with the Chairman of the Department of Surgery on a regular basis, whether separately or together, to discuss anesthesia operations as well as the operations of the Hospital/ASC ORs. For the purpose of this provision, “regular basis” shall mean no less than monthly.
- Designate a qualified Group Physician who will temporarily assume the Chief’s duties and responsibilities due to Chief’s temporary absences of short duration, such as vacation, illness, or attendance at professional meetings
- Manage or delegate the management of a staff coverage schedule
- Provide bi-annual (data driven when available) reviews of each Clinical Staff
- Assure the maintenance of accurate, complete and timely patient and other records regarding the service to insure the delivery of quality patient care and provide the information required for NAPA and the Hospital/ASC to obtain payment for its services
- Work with nursing management to improve efficiency and decrease costs in the operating room
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMC and FLEX
- Completion of approved residency in anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a physician
Prince Frederick, MD:
Designated as the county seat of Calvert County, MD, Prince Frederick features lovely historic homes, a planetarium, aquatics center, modern library, and local nature preserve. The community and surrounding area offer a plethora of shopping, hotels, and restaurants. A sampling of favorite local eateries includes Brick Wood Fired Bistro, Jerry’s Place, and Heritage 485, a contemporary restaurant in an 1890s Victorian house. The annual Calvert County Fair is hosted in Prince Frederick.
- Area Attractions:
- Proximity to the Chesapeake Bay and Patuxent River
- 10-minute ride to Dares Beach
- Restaurants on Solomons Island Road
- Year-round farm stand and autumn festival at Spider Hall Farm, a local working farm open to the public
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- College of Southern Maryland, University of Maryland Extension
- Calvert Elementary School, Barstow Elementary School, Calvert Middle School, Calvert High School
- Compensation package
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.