Cardiac CAA – Piedmont Hospital – Full Time
- Requisition ID 22210
- Category Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant
Cardiac Anesthesiologist Assistant opportunity with practice that has served the greater Atlanta area since 1970
As the flagship hospital of Piedmont Healthcare, Piedmont Atlanta Hospital has served Atlanta, GA, for over 100 years. This acute-care community healthcare facility provides all major diagnostic, surgical, and medical services and offers the most advanced, specialized care possible. Now a 643-bed facility, the organization that began in 1905 as a 10-bed sanatorium has grown into a renowned patient-centered hospital. Because Piedmont Atlanta Hospital is a not-for-profit organization, hospital revenue is used to support research, education, and outreach, while maintaining and enhancing facilities and services.
Our group practice provides anesthesia services at Piedmont Hospital, Piedmont Fayette Hospital, Piedmont Newnan Hospital, and three ambulatory surgery centers.
- Piedmont Atlanta was ranked Number Three in the State, U.S. News & World Report’s 2019-2020 Honor Roll of Best Hospitals by State, 2020
- Piedmont Atlanta ranks among the nation’s Top 100 Programs, Healthgrades
- Piedmont Atlanta has received five ‘A’ Hospital Safety Grades in the past six terms, Leapfrog Group
General surgery, plastic surgery, obstetrical and gynecological surgery, orthopedic surgery, renal transplantation, neurological surgery, pulmonary surgery, vascular surgery, liver transplantation and cardiovascular
Four-day work schedules with rotating day off.
Dana Traylor, CRNA, MSN – Regional Director, Advanced Practice Anesthesia for NAPA’s Southeast Region
Dana Traylor, CRNA, MSN, earned her BSN in Nursing from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and her MSN in Nursing Anesthesiology from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN. She joined the NAPA team after 15 years with American Anesthesiology, where she served as Chief CRNA in the Knoxville practice. While there, she promoted CRNA recruiting and clinical practice, and also served as a liaison with anesthesiologists and hospital partners.
Advanced Practice Anesthesia (APA) leaders are unique to NAPA. As an integral part of our regional infrastructure, APA leaders are Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists who foster stability and collaboration among local facilities and teams throughout our organization. As an APA leader, Traylor supports the Southeast Region. Like other APA leader colleagues, she is a voice for local clinicians, along with being a leader who hears, understands, and values those on our clinical team.
Our group practice has served the greater Atlanta, GA, area since 1970. It currently includes 37 anesthesiologists, 25 CRNAs, and 85 CAAs working together in a care team model.
Our care team model means that we focus on everyone having a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- Master’s Degree from an Accredited Anesthesiologist Assistant Program
- Complies with American Academy of Anesthesiologist Assistants licensure guidelines
Atlanta combines the sophistication, creativity, and diversity of a large city with an extra serving of Southern hospitality. Within 136 square miles are vibrant, colorful neighborhoods rich in history, culture, and a strong sense of community. Atlanta is replete with major professional sports franchises, famed museums, historic sites, theaters, and other accessible recreational activities. The Florida Panhandle’s white sand beaches are within a half-day’s drive. Great schools, a low cost of living, and affordable housing options contribute to the city’s livability factors.
- Area Attractions:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park
- Atlanta’s Fox Theatre
- Atlanta BeltLine
- Schools and Colleges:
- Emory University, Georgia State University, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Kittredge Magnet School, KIPP South Fulton Academy School, Austin Elementary School, Walton High School
- Salary: $150K -$184,250K
- Sign-on: $30K
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
About North American Partners in Anesthesia North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.