Cardiac Anesthesiologist – HSHS St. John’s Hospital – Full Time
- Requisition IDJR3999
Cardiac anesthesiologist opening in Springfield, IL, with a certified Level I trauma center serving central and southern Illinois
HSHS St. John’s Hospital, based in the Illinois state capital of Springfield, is the flagship hospital of Hospital Sisters Health System. The regional medical center provides residents of central and southern Illinois with comprehensive healthcare using modern technology. Dating back to 1875, St. John’s is now a Certified Level II Pediatric Trauma Center and a Certified Level I Trauma Center. The facility has a college of nursing and is a teaching hospital affiliated with Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. Its surgery centers are considered among the most advanced of their type in the United States.
- Designated Blue Distinction Center for Maternity Care
- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
General, ortho, cardiac, pediatrics, OB, and more
Light call. Flexible scheduling.
Matthew Walsh, MD – Vice President of Clinical Services for NAPA’s Midwest Region (IN, IL, MI)
Dr. Walsh is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology and a specialist in cardiovascular anesthesia. He received his Doctorate of Medicine from Loyola University, Stritch School of Medicine in Maywood, IL, where he also fulfilled his anesthesia residency. His professional affiliations include membership in the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the Illinois Society of Anesthesiologists.
With our care team model, we focus on ensuring that everyone has a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious and/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMC and FLEX
- Completion of approved residency in anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a physician
The largest city in central Illinois and the state capital, Springfield has a strong sense of community. Residents can enjoy arts and culture, shopping, and natural beauty. Downtown farmers’ markets and nearby farms reflect the agricultural environment of Illinois. The city’s robust historical past is highlighted at historical sites and museums. Most notably, Abraham Lincoln lived and worked in Springfield before he was elected the 16th president and moved to Washington, DC. Springfield features tantalizing restaurant choices, whether you are looking for a farm-to-table, family-friendly, or romantic dining experience.
- Area Attractions:
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum
- Illinois State Fair
- Jubilee Farm Center for Ecology and Spirituality
- Lincoln Home National Historic Site
- Dana-Thomas House designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright
- Colleges and Schools:
- University of Illinois-Springfield, St. John’s College of Nursing, Lincoln Land Community College
- Iles Elementary School, The Jefferson Middle School, Springfield High School
- Salary: $520K
- Sign-on bonus available
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Accounts
- Profit sharing
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.