Cardiac Anesthesiologist – Bon Secours St Mary’s Hospital – Full Time
- Requisition ID JR2930
- Category Anesthesiologist
Bon Secours/St. Mary’s Hospital Seeking Cardiac Anesthesiologist to join our group.
Bon Secours Health System is a community-based, non-profit health system with seven hospitals and a longstanding presence in the greater Richmond area. NAPA’s American Anesthesiology practice provides services at St. Mary’s Hospital, the system’s 391-bed flagship facility centrally located in Richmond, and Memorial Regional Medical Center, a 225-bed facility located 12 miles outside of Richmond in suburban/rural Hanover County. Over 27,000 inpatient and outpatient surgeries are done at St. Mary’s each year, and over 17,000 surgeries are done at Memorial Regional.
The group consists of 25 physicians and over 70 CRNAs and covers two hospitals in the Richmond area, both with high levels of acuity. Cardiac cases total approximately 600 per year and consist of on-and-off pump coronary cases, valve cases, robotic and ventricular assist devices.
We provide anesthesia services for over 44,000 cases a year, including general surgery, bariatric, cardiac, ENT, urology, vascular, orthopedic (adult and pediatric), OB, gynecologic, spine neurosurgery, pediatric, and plastic surgery
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of Activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious ad/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMG and FLEX – Completion of approved Residency in Anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a Physician
- Must be proficient with epidurals and spinals
- Mostly L&D coverage as well as some OR anesthesia
- Proficient in Ultrasound guided regional blocks a plus.
About the Area
Richmond consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work and play and was recently named the happiest city in America based on a study by the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research. Within two hours of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Atlantic Ocean and Washington, D.C., Richmond is uniquely situated in Central Virginia. It is home to the state capital, Washington Redskins Training Facility, and Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, as well as countless food, music and cultural festivals held throughout the year. The area offers a strong network of public and private schools, community colleges, and highly respected four-year colleges and universities, including the University of Richmond and Virginia Commonwealth University. It is also the location of eight Fortune 500 companies, including Altria and CarMax.
*Our benefits include:
- Competitive Salary Sign-on bonus Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance.
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education Leadership training and advancement opportunities Professional liability insurance Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA. Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.