CAA – St Josephs Hospital South – Full Time
- Requisition ID JR1740
- Category Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant
CAA opportunity with St. Joseph’s Hospital-South in the community of Riverview, FL – Spectacular beaches are close by
St. Joseph’s Hospital – South is an innovative, full-service hospital designed to offer a more relaxing, comfortable, and family-focused setting for both patients and visitors. Located south of Tampa in Riverview, FL, the facility has a Level II Trauma Center and the second-largest obstetrics delivery practice in Florida. The hospital handles over 40,000 cases annually. It provides a 24-bed maternity unit; intensive care; imaging, lab, and surgical services; outpatient services; and more.
The practice provides anesthesia services at St. Joseph’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, and St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital.
- Named among the nation’s top 100 hospitals by Fortune/IBM Watson Health®
- Received Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ and Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ from Healthgrades
- Awarded an “A” for its achievements by Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade in fall 2020
General, peds, OB, ortho, neuro, vascular, and endo
Contact us for more information.
Dana Traylor, CRNA, MSN – Regional Director, Advanced Practice Anesthesia, for NAPA’s Southeast Region
Dana Traylor, CRNA, MSN, earned her BSN in Nursing from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and her MSN in Nursing Anesthesiology from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis. She joined the NAPA team after 15 years with American Anesthesiology, where she served as Chief CRNA in the Knoxville practice. While there, she promoted CRNA recruiting and clinical practice, and also served as a liaison with anesthesiologists and hospital partners.
Advanced Practice Anesthesia (APA) leaders are unique to NAPA. As an integral part of our regional infrastructure, APA leaders are Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists who foster stability and collaboration among local facilities and teams throughout our organization. As an APA leader, Traylor supports the Southeast Region. Like other APA leader colleagues, she is a voice for local clinicians and a leader who hears, understands, and values those on our clinical team.
Our physicians work collaboratively with anesthetists in a care team model. With our care team model, we focus on ensuring that everyone has a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- Master’s Degree from an Accredited Anesthesiologist Assistant Program
- Complies with American Academy of Anesthesiologist Assistants licensure guidelines
This suburb of Tampa is located in Hillsborough County, FL and is known as one of the best places to dwell in the state. Many residents of this community are homeowners, families, and young professionals. Spectacular beaches are close by, with all that entails – surfing, fishing, boating, and even beachcombing. Outside of Riverview, the city of nearby Tampa offers many attractions and Orlando is approximately 80 miles away.
- Area Attractions:
- Alafia Scrub Nature Preserve, a great spot for hiking
- Biking and hiking at Triple Creek Nature Preserve and Balm-Boyette Nature Preserve
- Fishing at Tampa Bay
- International Independent Showmen’s Museum
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Everglades University, University of Tampa, Nova Southern University, Hillsborough Community College
- Terrace Community Middle School, Newsome High School, Brooks DeBartolo Collegiate High School, Bloomingdale High School
- Cost of Living:
- No general state sales tax
- Salary: $165K-$190K
- Sign-on bonus: $30K
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.