CAA – St. Davids Medical Center – Full Time
- Requisition ID JR1455
- Category CAA OR SAA
Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant CAA opportunity where there are 300 days of sunshine a year; flexible schedule in Austin, TX
As part of St. David’s HealthCare, the full-service St. David’s Medical Center provides comprehensive medical care and is home to the world-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. It provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care in a setting that features a 426-bed acute care hospital and a 64-bed rehabilitation hospital. The medical center has a 24-hour emergency department and an all-inclusive Bariatric Surgery Center, and provides complex surgical services.
Our practice provides anesthesia services at St. David’s Medical Center, North Austin Medical Center, South Austin Hospital, and Round Rock Medical Center.
Named among the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters).
General inpatient, outpatient, trauma and OB
Flex scheduling aiming for a 40 hour or less work week with 8-, 10-, or 12-hour shifts.
Our diverse group is composed of anesthesiologists and CRNAs who provide anesthesia services in a care team model; team members are exposed to a wide variety of complex cases.
Our care team model means that we focus on everyone having a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Induction, maintenance and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- Master’s Degree from an Accredited Anesthesiologist Assistant Program
- Complies with American Academy of Anesthesiologist Assistants licensure guidelines
The capital of Texas, Austin is the 11th-largest city in the United States and has been ranked one of the best places to live in the country. Austin offers a thriving economy, welcoming neighborhoods, solid schools, and the conveniences of a big city at a more leisurely small-town pace. The quality of life is enhanced by 300 days of sunshine a year and a moderate climate. Opportunities for outdoor recreation and fitness abound, including swimming spots and miles of great biking and hiking trails.
- Area Attractions:
- The 351-acre Zilker Park, a recreation hub, and Lady Bird Lake flowing past downtown along the Colorado River
- Bullock Texas State History Museum and Lyndon B. Johnson Library and Museum
- Red-granite State Capitol building modeled after the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, DC
- The sight of Mexican free-tailed bats that dwell under the Congress Avenue bridge and emerge at night to feed off the mosquito population
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Huston-Tillotson University, The University of Texas at Austin, St. Edward’s University
- Lasa High School, Canyon Ridge Middle School, Elsa England Elementary School
- Salary: $160K-$210K
- Sign-on bonus: $20K
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional develop
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.