CAA – Piedmont Newnan Hospital – Full Time
- Requisition ID 27758
- Category Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant
Anesthesiologist Assistant opportunity at this expanding practice in Newnan, GA, with a mix of cases at Piedmont Newnan Hospital
Piedmont Newnan Hospital is an award-winning, 154-bed facility in Newnan, GA. The hospital offers both an appealing destination for top-notch clinicians and a unique, patient-first experience. It specializes in 24-hour emergency, robotic surgery, women’s, medical and surgical, and rehabilitation services. The captivating, environmentally conscious setting was honored with a Design Citation for sustainability, design excellence, functional utility, and flexibility from Modern Healthcare. The hospital is part of Piedmont Healthcare System, which includes seven hospitals and 100 locations.
- 2016 Women’s Choice Award for one of America’s Best Hospitals, Patient Safety
- 2012 Small Hospital of the Year by the Georgia Alliance of Community Hospitals
ENT, general, GI, OB, ophthalmology, oral, orthopedic, pulmonary, plastics, podiatry, urology, vascular, and thoracic
Five days a week; number system; evening shifts (7 PM–7 AM) are also available.
Dana Traylor, CRNA, MSN – Regional Director, Advanced Practice Anesthesia, for NAPA’s Southeast Region
Dana Traylor, CRNA, MSN, earned her BSN in Nursing from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and her MSN in Nursing Anesthesiology from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis. She joined the NAPA team after 15 years with American Anesthesiology, where she served as Chief CRNA in the Knoxville practice. While there, she promoted CRNA recruiting and clinical practice, and also served as a liaison with anesthesiologists and hospital partners.
Advanced Practice Anesthesia (APA) leaders are unique to NAPA. As an integral part of our regional infrastructure, APA leaders are Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists who foster stability and collaboration among local facilities and teams throughout our organization. As an APA leader, Traylor supports the Southeast Region. Like other APA leader colleagues, she is a voice for local clinicians and a leader who hears, understands, and values those on our clinical team.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- Master’s Degree from an Accredited Anesthesiologist Assistant Program
- Complies with American Academy of Anesthesiologist Assistants licensure guidelines
Located directly outside the major hub of Atlanta, with all its cosmopolitan attractions, the community of Newnan is a lovely upscale destination with the ideal work/life balance. Known as the City of Homes, Newnan has six nationally registered historic districts. It is also a planned center of growth, blending charming residential areas with a strong, contemporary business community. Added bonus: One of the busiest international airports in the United States is only about 30 minutes away from Newnan. The Georgia Department of Education has rated its public school system as “excellent.”
- Area Attractions:
- Dunaway Gardens
- Chattahoochee Bend State Park
- The Centre for Performing and Visual Arts of Coweta
- Carl Miller Park
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Clayton State University, State University of West Georgia, Mercer University
- Northgate High School, Madras Middle School, Brooks Elementary School
- Salary: $152K-$192,425K
- Sign-on bonus: $30K
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.