Anesthesiologist – Wyckoff Heights Medical Center – Per Diem
- Requisition ID 5461
Anesthesiologist role with Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, a short-term acute care hospital in residential part of historic Brooklyn, NY
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center is a 350-bed teaching hospital situated within a residential neighborhood in northern Brooklyn, a borough of New York City. Since 1889, the center has provided medical care to the community. Today, a dedicated staff including 1,800 physicians, nurses, and support staff cares for patients from many diverse backgrounds and cultures. Partnering with New York Medical College, Wyckoff Heights Medical Center is committed to training new generations of physicians.
At this healthcare facility, the Pediatric and Adult Emergency Departments annually receive 90,500 visits; 1,400 babies are delivered; and outpatient services are provided through the ambulatory care center network.
- Awarded one of the highest distinctions from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- The 2016 Get With The Guidelines®
- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll.
General, endo, labor and delivery, ORTHO, GYN, URO, ENT, vascular, neuro, and thoracic.
Contact us for more information.
Andrew Lau, MD
With our care team model, we focus on ensuring that everyone has a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious and/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMC and FLEX
- Completion of approved Residency in Anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a Physician
A highly populated borough of New York City, Brooklyn (also known as Kings County) has a long, rich history. Highlights include the historic Brooklyn Bridge and Brooklyn Botanic Garden. The New York City subway system provides an opportunity to leave the car behind and take public transportation.
- Area Attractions:
- NBA’s Brooklyn Nets
- Coney Island
- Prospect Park
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Pratt Institute, Brooklyn College, Colombia University, St. John’s University
- Success Academy Charter School, Achievement First Apollo Charter School, Leon M. Goldstein High School For The Sciences, Brooklyn Technical High School
- Salary: $200/hr
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day.
At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.