Anesthesiologist – The William W. Backus Hospital – Per Diem
- # of Openings4948
- Category Anesthesiologist
Per diem anesthesiologist opportunity in with Backus Hospital in Norwich, CT, with picturesque riverside views
The William W. Backus Hospital is a 213-bed, not-for-profit acute care community hospital in Norwich, CT. For more than 125 years, Backus Hospital has cared for the eastern Connecticut and shoreline community. Today, Backus Hospital is part of Hartford HealthCare, and it now includes 131 beds for medical/surgical use and 12 for critical care. Offering comprehensive, state-of-the-art medical services, Backus Hospital is the only trauma center east of the Connecticut River. It cares for 11,000 inpatients and sees more than 65,000 visits annually.
- Received the Patient Safety Excellence Award from Healthgrades
- Earned the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Target: Stroke Honor Roll Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Received the prestigious “Certificate of Recognition” from the American Diabetes Association
Endoscopy, general, orthopedics, ENT, GYN, labor and delivery, ophthalmology, radiology, chronic pain, urology cysto, urology, vascular, plastics, and neuro
Contact us for more information.
Adam Goldstein, MD
Our current group includes 12 anesthesiologists and 30 CRNAs. We provide a wide variety of anesthetics in a collaborative care team model.
Our care team model means that we focus on giving everyone a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping them to deliver care excellence.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious and/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMC and FLEX
- Completion of approved residency in anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a physician
Known as The Rose of New England, Norwich, CT, is a welcoming small city with picturesque riverside views. There are three rivers in Norwich: the Yantic, the Shetucket, and the Quinebaug. These flow into the city and form the glistening harbor. Norwich offers residents compelling history and friendly pick-your-own fruit farms, wineries, and craft breweries, all within easy reach.
- Area Attractions:
- Yantic Falls
- Slater Memorial Museum
- Mohegan Sun & Casino of the Sky
- Colleges and Schools:
- Three Rivers Community College, Connecticut College, University of Connecticut
- Thomas W. Mahan School, Integrated Day Charter School, Norwich Technical High School
- Salary: $200/hour
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day.
At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.