Anesthesiologist – HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital – Per Diem
- Requisition IDJR4194
Anesthesiologist opportunity with HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital in Effingham, IL, a regional hub
HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital has been serving the Effingham community and the south central region of Illinois since 1875. This fully accredited, not-for-profit general acute care health facility has 133 licensed beds and is an affiliate of the Hospital Sisters Health System. St. Anthony’s services emphasize compassion and the human touch while featuring the most modern technologies available today.
- Awarded 2017 Workplace of the Year Award and 2017 Workplace Transformation Award
- Received a System for Change Award from Practice Greenhealth
Bread and butter cases. Heavy ortho, general, and urology
8s, 10s, 12s, 24s
Matthew Walsh, MD – Vice President of Clinical Services for NAPA’s Midwest Region (IN, IL, MI)
Dr. Walsh is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology and a specialist in cardiovascular anesthesia. He received his Doctorate of Medicine from Loyola University, Stritch School of Medicine in Maywood, IL, where he also fulfilled his anesthesia residency. His professional affiliations include membership in the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the Illinois Society of Anesthesiologists.
With our care team model, we focus on ensuring that everyone has a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious and/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMC and FLEX
- Completion of approved residency in anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a physician
Effingham is a charming small city that’s home to numerous corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities. Known as “The Crossroads of Opportunity,” Effingham is conveniently located at the intersection of two major interstate highways. As a regional hub for work, shopping, and recreation, Effingham has a little something for everyone and is only a short drive to St. Louis.
- Area Attractions:
- Tuscan Hills Winery
- Hendelmeyer Park
- Lake Sara
- Colleges and Schools:
- University of Illinois Extension-Effingham, Lake Land College, Eastern Illinois University
- Central Grade School, Effingham Junior High School, Effingham High School
- W2 and 1099 PRN options available
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.