Anesthesiologist – Greater Baltimore Medical Center – Per Diem
- Requisition ID JR3135
- Category Anesthesiologist
Anesthesiologist opening with Greater Baltimore Medical Center 20 minutes from downtown Baltimore, MD
Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) is an acute and sub-acute care hospital licensed for 257 beds. GBMC is situated on an attractive campus in suburban Towson, MD—a 20-minute drive to downtown Baltimore. On an annual basis, the facility sees more than 52,000 emergency room visits and 23,000 patient admissions. The hospital is top-rated for patient safety.
- Earned prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, one of five organizations honored nationwide
- Recognized as an HIMSS Davies Award of Excellence winner
- Earned an A grade from The Leapfrog Group, a national hospital-safety organization
- Received Healthgrades’ Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award™, Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award™, and Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award™
General surgery, peds, OB/GYN, ortho, urology, neuro, thoracic, vascular and pain management
Contact us for more information.
Amy Marks, MD
Our providers deliver anesthesia care both via care team (60%) & physician alone (40%) models. In a collaborative care team model, our talented and dedicated CRNAs provide a full array of anesthesia services.
Our care team model means that we focus on giving everyone a voice, while supporting, respecting, and helping them to deliver care excellence.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious and/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMC and FLEX
- Completion of approved residency in anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a physician
Once a rural community, Towson has been growing and developing over the years. The Baltimore suburb has retained its charm and family-friendly qualities. Many leisure-time activities are available to residents. Also, with both I-695 and I-84 in the vicinity, it’s easy to visit other communities around Baltimore. Several bus lines, managed by the Maryland Transit Administration, serve the area.
- Area Attractions:
- Gunpowder Falls State Park
- Loch Raven Reservoir
- Outdoor activities for adults and children such as biking, swimming, hiking, and kayaking
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Johns Hopkins University, Loyola University
- Riderwood Elementary School, George W. Carver Center For Arts & Technology, Towson High Law & Public Policy
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.