Anesthesiologist – AMITA St. Mary’s – Full Time
- Requisition ID JR1553
- Category Anesthesiologist
Anesthesiologist role at AMITA St. Mary’s Kankakee Hospital in IL, with a diverse case mix and Certified Level II Emergency/Trauma Center
AMITA St. Mary’s Kankakee Hospital has delivered high-quality healthcare to Kankakee, IL, and its southern suburbs with a commitment to community and compassion since 1897. In a welcoming setting, the 182-bed acute care facility provides award-winning services for primary and specialty care. The peritoneal dialysis unit, one of just 91 in the United States, is recognized nationally. AMITA St. Mary’s Kankakee has a state-of-the-art Family Birthing Center dedicated to expectant and new parents, and a certified Level II Emergency/Trauma Center.
- The Joint Commission for Advanced Primary Stroke Centers Gold Seal of Approval™
- “Pursuit of Excellence Star” Award for Peritoneal Clinics
- Commission of Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award
Ortho, GI, Urology, OB, Ophthalmology and General Surgery
Position includes call (offsite with 30-minute response).
Woo Chan Kim, MD
Working together in a collegial environment, the anesthesia team provides services for five or six operating rooms daily. These clinicians include three medical doctors and seven CRNAs working in our care team model.
This care team model means that we focus on ensuring that everyone has a voice while supporting, respecting, and helping to deliver care excellence.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- Current license as a registered professional nurse
- Graduation from an accredited program of nurse anesthesia education
- Certified or recertified by the AANA Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists
Kankakee County is an ideal location for family-friendly lifestyles and activities in both rural and urban settings. With more than 50 miles of winding river in the county, there’s plenty to enjoy in the great outdoors, including eco-tourism and agri-tourism. Adding in the local festivals and events, the arts, and history makes this a well-rounded place to thrive.
- Area Attractions:
- The Merchant Street MusicFest
- Outdoor adventure and nature along the Kankakee River
- Over 25 parks
- Notable house designed by famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright
- Historic architecture with churches and museums dating to the mid-19th century
- Colleges and Schools Include:
- Olivet Nazarene University, Kankakee Community College
- Edison Primary, Montessori Magnet, Kennedy Middle School, Kankakee High School
- Salary: $192,500-$200K
- Sign-on bonus, loan repayment or training assistance program: $30K
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day.
At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.