Anesthesiologist – OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center – Full Time
- Requisition ID JR1542
- Category Anesthesiologist
Anesthesiologist opening to practice with OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center in Urbana, IL, Tree City USA
This practice provides anesthesia services at OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center. The 210-bed comprehensive medical facility is located in Urbana, IL, and serves as Champaign-Urbana’s only enhanced Electronic Intensive Care Unit (eICU). OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center is part of OSF HealthCare, a health system that includes 14 hospitals and more than 130 clinical care sites.
- Received an A rating in patient safety from the Leapfrog Group
- Named a 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital by Thomson Reuters
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Recipient of Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
Cardiac, thoracic, neuro, general, OB, healthy peds, and bread and butter cases
- Full time W2 position with a 26 week schedule
- CV experience is required (Fellowship not necessary).
- During the working weeks, Anesthesiologists will cover the ORs from 7AM to 3PM daily and then be on back-up call for any OR cases that arise after hours. A CRNA will be in house 24/7 and cover L&D after 3PM.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious and/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient Induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- CV experience (fellowship not required)
- ECFMC and FLEX
- Completion of approved Residency in Anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a Physician
Matthew Walsh, MD – Vice President of Clinical Services for NAPA’s Midwest Region (IN, IL, MI)
Dr. Walsh is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology and a specialist in cardiovascular anesthesia. He received his Doctorate of Medicine from Loyola University, Stritch School of Medicine in Maywood, IL, where he also fulfilled his anesthesia residency. His professional affiliations include membership in the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the Illinois Society of Anesthesiologists.
As part of the Urbana-Champaign micro-urban community, Urbana has the type of diverse population and metropolitan personality more frequently associated with larger urban centers. Along with unique neighborhoods and parks, the community has a lively entertainment and cultural scene. As a city that developed from Midwest prairie land, Urbana has retained its elements of graceful charm and natural assets. It has earned recognition as a “Tree City USA” for decades. Was named the first Gold-Level Bicycle Friendly Community in Illinois by the League of American Bicyclists.
- Area Attractions:
- Parks, nature trails, and outdoor recreational activities
- Art museums
- Boutiques in historic storefronts
- Urbana Free Library
- Colleges and Schools:
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Parkland College
- Leal Elementary School, Urbana Middle School. Urbana High School, University of Illinois High School
- Salary: $550K
- $50k Sign on bonus
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day.
At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.