26 Week On/Off Anesthesiologist – UPMC Northwest – Full Time
- Requisition IDJR2865
Anesthesiologist opportunity with collaborative team supporting UPMC Northwest in Seneca, PA, near lovely scenic
Located in Seneca, Cranberry Township, PA, UPMC Northwest is a community hospital with state-of-the-art treatment technology. The facility has 96 private rooms. Thirty of these rooms can be adjusted to accommodate semiprivate occupancy and provide a total of up to 126 beds. The UPMC Behavioral Health Network includes a behavioral health building with 28 beds that is connected to the UPMC Northwest hospital by an enclosed walkway. The site also includes a 16-bed unit for transitional care and a nine-bed unit for inpatient rehabilitation.
- Healthgrades five-star commendation for appendix removal surgery
- Healthgrades five-star commendation in orthopedics for treatment of hip fractures
- Healthgrades five-star commendation in cardiac for treatment of heart failure
General, urology, endo, and more
26 week on, 26 week off schedule option. Beeper call on weekends (Q3 with minimum call back).
Eric Bernstein, MD
Team members are collegial, collaborative, and supportive of one another in an environment where the emphasis is on quality and safety. To support a work-life balance, the facility offers equitable staffing and scheduling arrangements.
- Assist in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Anesthesia Department
- Responsible for the medical management of patients who are rendered unconscious and/or insensible to pain and emotional stress during surgery and other medical procedures
- Pre-anesthesia assessment
- Obtains and/or verifies patient consent
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient
- Induction, maintenance and emergence from anesthesia
- Monitoring of the patient’s physiological condition
- Performance of clinical intervention as needed
- M.D./D.O. Degree from an accredited College of Medicine
- ECFMC and FLEX
- Completion of approved residency in anesthesia
- Currently licensed as a physician
Located in Pennsylvania’s northwestern corner, the small community of Seneca is part of Venango County. The county’s rich history, appealing small towns, and lovely scenic spots make this an ideal place to reside. From here, it is about a 90-minute drive to the city of Erie and about two hours to Pittsburgh.
- Area Attractions:
- Allegheny River
- Abundant outdoor recreational pastimes
- Historical sites
- Colleges and Schools:
- Allegheny College, Venango College of Clarion University
- Cranberry El School, Cranberry Area Junior-Senior High School, Christian Life Academy
- Compensation package
- Generous paid time off
- Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Accounts
- Profit sharing
- Fully paid malpractice insurance coverage
- Leadership and professional development opportunities
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) has evolved through more than 30 years to become a leader in anesthesia and perioperative services. Single specialty and clinician led, we remain committed to our mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences, every day. At NAPA, we cultivate leaders, promote work-life balance, and celebrate diversity. We know your success promotes our success, and we give you the tools and programs to achieve your goals. With flexibility, a collegial and collaborative environment, a wide range of market-leading benefits, and career opportunities from coast-to-coast, your future is waiting at NAPA.
Wherever your career is today, let us take you to new heights. Take a LEAP to the destination of choice in anesthesia.
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
North American Partners in Anesthesia is an equal opportunity employer.